Replication files are posted below for my published work. These include links to the raw data and coding script for variables and analysis.
Note on Use: Scholars may analyze these data for private use. Extensions and other analysis with these data must first receive my permission and citation if they are intended for public presentation (e.g. article, conference, blog). For the sake of transparency, presenting basic replication and robustness checks does not require permission, but I would appreciate prior notification as a professional courtesy. Data collected with coauthors requires their additional permissions. Use of these data implies agreement with these conditions. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Nathan P. Kalmoe, Raymond J. Pingree, Brian Watson, Mingxiao Sui, Joshua Darr, & Kathleen Searles. Forthcoming. Crime news effects & democratic accountability: Experimental evidence from repeated exposure in a multi-week online panel. International Journal of Public Opinion Research. Online Appendix.
- In progress.
Nathan P. Kalmoe, Joshua R. Gubler, & David A. Wood. Toward conflict or compromise? How violent metaphors polarize partisan issue preferences. Political Communication.
- See journal website for replication files.
Nathan P. Kalmoe. Mobilizing voters with violent metaphors. Political Science Research & Methods.
- See Dataverse.
- Study 1 data & details, Instrument, Stata Code file
- Study 2 data in .dta format, Instrument, Stata Code file
- Figure 1 code, Figure 2 (study 1) code, Figure 2 (study 2) code, Figure A1 code
Nathan P. Kalmoe. 2017. Digital news-seeking during wartime: Unobtrusive measures of Pakistani & American attention to drone strikes. Journal of Information, Technology, & Politics.
- Data are primarily from Google Trends, New American Foundation
- Combined Stata dataset, Stata Code file
Nathan P. Kalmoe & Kimberly Gross. 2016. “Cueing patriotism, prejudice, & partisanship in the age of Obama: Experimental tests of U.S. flag imagery effects in presidential elections.” Political Psychology.
- Data are from 2 MTurk collections and 1 student sample
- Study 1: Stata 2012 college data, Wave 1, Wave 2, Stata Code files
- Study 2: Stata MTurk 2012 data, Wave 1, Wave 2, Stata Code files
- Study 3: Stata MTurk 2013 data, Wave 1, Wave 2, Stata Code files
- General Stata code for 2-way interactions, Stata 3 studies merged data
Joshua R. Gubler & Nathan P. Kalmoe. 2015. “Violent rhetoric in protracted group conflicts: Experimental evidence from Israel and India.” Political Research Quarterly.
- Data are from 1 Israel Midgam collection & 1 India MTurk collection (contact Josh Gubler for files)
Joshua R. Gubler, Nathan P. Kalmoe, & David A. Wood. (2015). “Them’s Fightin’ Words: The Effects of Violent Rhetoric on Ethical Decision Making in Business.” Journal of Business Ethics.
- Data are from 2 MTurk collections (contact David Wood for files)
Nathan P. Kalmoe. (2015). “Trait Aggression in Two Representative U.S. Surveys: Testing the Generalizability of College Samples.” Aggressive Behavior.
- Data are from 3 dissertation studies: TESS, a 2nd Knowledge Networks (GfK) study, University of Mighigan student sample
- TESS data & details, Instrument, Stata do-file (contact me for files)
- KN data in .dta format, Instrument, Stata do-file (contact me for files)
- UM study data in .dta format, Instrument, Stata do-file (contact me for files)
Nathan P. Kalmoe. (2014). “Fueling the Fire: Violent Metaphors, Trait Aggression, and Support for Political Violence.” Political Communication.
- Data are from 3 dissertation studies: TESS, a second Knowledge Networks study, University of Michigan student sample
- Study 1: KN data in .dta format, Instrument, KN PC Stata Replication File
- Study 2: TESS data & details, Instrument, TESS PC Stata Replication File
- Study 3: UM study data in .dta format, Instrument, UM PC Stata Replication File
- Combined TESS-KN data in .dta format (already coded based on above)
Nathan P. Kalmoe. (2013). “From Fistfights to Firefights: Trait Aggression and Support for State Violence.” Political Behavior.
- Data are from 1 dissertation study: Knowledge Networks study
- KN data in .dta format, Instrument, PB 2013 Stata Replication File
Nathan P. Kalmoe & Spencer Piston. (2013). “Is Implicit Prejudice Against Blacks Politically Consequential? Evidence from the AMP.” Public Opinion Quarterly.
- Archived replication files elsewhere
- Data are from 2 American National Election Studies and 1 AP-Yahoo study
- 2008-09 ANES panel data & survey, ANES Panel Stata Replication File (note: coding based on older version of dataset with different initial var names)
- 2008 ANES time-series data & survey, ANES TS Stata Replication File
- 2008-09 AP-Yahoo data, AP-Yahoo Stata Replication File